Snowmobilers visit various sled-focused websites for a wide variety of reasons. From trail condition reports to racing news, technical advice to timeline articles on cool old brands, there are many features here on snowgoer.com that keep people coming back. But now that 2013 is wrapping up, one thing is abundantly clear: regulars on this website LOVE to read about new snowmobiles.
This news doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Whenever a reader’s survey is conducted on subscribers to Snow Goer magazine, new sled reviews, comparisons and shootouts always finish at the very top in terms of reader interest.
The same can be said for the website. And while the site doesn’t typically include the sort of in-depth comparison articles one finds in Snow Goer magazine, this is a place to pick up information on the new sleds.
Admittedly, articles posted last winter and spring had a better chance of winning this fight, as they stood on the website for months collecting page views while more recently posted articles have less time to attract eyeballs. But new sled still obviously drive a lot of enthusiastic clicks from sledheads.
Below is the list, in order of total page views, of the 10 most popular articles on snowgoer.com in 2013. Click through on any of the linked headlines to see the stories that you missed:
- 2014 Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Feature New Engine, Suspension & Chassis Upgrades – When the lead brand in marketshare releases a model lineup featuring a new engine (the 900 ACE), expansion of winning REV-XS and REV-XM bodywork and more sleds featuring the rMotion and tMotion rear suspensions, you better believe it’s big news.
- 2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles Unveiled – Team Blue made huge news on February 20 when it unveiled 5 new SR Viper snowmobiles in a new chassis that were going to be built at the Arctic Cat headquarters in Minnesota.
- Top 10 2013 Snowmobiles – Coming off a previous warm and low-snow winter, enthusiasm for snowmobiling wasn’t very high in the fall of 2012 and in January of 2013. Once the snow hit and hung around in many areas well into April, however, snowmobilers started doing research on the new snowmobiles, and blew up this slideshow.
- 2014 Arctic Cat Snowmobiles Unveiled – A week after Yamaha announced that Cat would be building snowmobiles for it, Cat made its own 2014 model lineup announcement, and it included some bombshells. The headline stealer was the new Arctic-built two-stroke twin that is now found in the ZR 6000 El Tigré, but the ZR 7000 line also garnered much attention.
- 2014 Snow Sneak Peek Tour Dates Announced – If you don’t have the time to click through on all of these links, skip this one! This story told viewers last spring when the big rolling caravans featuring the 2014 snowmobiles would roll through their neck of the woods. Now, such a calendar-based post seems dated, but last spring it helped people find their way to the new sled showcase events.
- Top 10 2014 Snowmobiles – Considering that this post didn’t go live until 9 weeks ago, it had to move fast to work its way into the year-long top 10 list. But the same rider enthusiasm that attracted viewers to read about the new iron the rest of the year brought them back to see what Snow Goer editors said was the pick of the litter.
- How To Set Up Your Snowmobile’s Suspension for Sharper Handling, Better Ride – Week in and week out, this technical article that helps riders get the most out of their snowmobiles – new or old – always gets hundreds of page views. It features real-world tips and practical advice.
- 2014 Polaris Snowmobiles Unveiled, Indy Lineup Expands – When Polaris finally took the wraps off of its 2014 lineup on March 5 last winter, the news from the other three sled factories had already stirred the pot. Polaris’ expansion of its Indy lineup, plus other upgrades, kept the enthusiasm boiling.
- Trash Talker Madness Vote – Last spring, just for fun, a Trash Talkers Bracket was created that mimics that NCAA Basketball Tournament. In this case, personalities from the Trash Talkers board were pitted off in one-on-one popularity contests, and the field was whittled down from 64 brash regulars to one grand champion. A link is not provided because, without the context of the voting, it doesn’t make any sense.
- 2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles Slideshow – The exciting news about the 2014 Yamaha SR Viper lineup had viewers wanting to see more, more and even more of the new sleds in the new chassis.