Ski-Doo has unveiled its new 600-class snocross-racing special snowmobile for the 2022 season. Not a lot has changed between the championship-winning 2021 model and this new 2022 model, but that seems to be par for the course in this COVID era. Neither Polaris nor Arctic Cat made big machine changes for the coming year either.
Most notable on the new Ski-Doo is a new airbox that Ski-Doo officials said will refine the run quality a bit. Other than that, the company is sticking with a winning formula, Race Coordinator Carey Daku said when unveiling the sled at the Hay Days Grass Drags and Swap Meet event on September 11.
Here’s the full press release from Ski-Doo:
Ski-Doo Bulletin: 2022 MXZx 600 RS (Race Special)
For the third season in a row the Ski-Doo MXZx 600RS has continued Its winning ways in snocross, dominating the circuits and leading the way as the sled to be on. Last season Elias Ishoel piloted the sled to an incredible third straight ISOC Pro championship. The dangerous combination of Ishoel and Ski-Doo has proven to be a strong force to be reckoned with every weekend they line up. The formula that has worked for Ishoel also works for many amateur riders alike proving the flexibility of the Gen4 chassis for riders of all abilities. For 2022 the focus remains on keeping that winning formula.
Refinement and detail apply to the 2022 model to ensure the winning ways continue. A new air box design provides engine performance consistency and added durability all while reducing sound levels for the rider. The 600RS features 46 mm KYB Pro Series shocks with Integral Base Valves with the ability to adjust not only High and Low Speed Compression but also High Speed rebound and on the new model calibration has been updated based on feedback learned from all our riders. For rider comfort a new seat cover design and high-traction material have been used to ensure the rider position Is maintained in wet or dry conditions. The rails, spindles and lower panel are now yellow adding identity with our Ski-Doo DNA.
The MXZx 600RS E-TEC uses the industry leading REV Gen4 platform with its open cockpit design and centrally balanced engine for superior rider ergonomics and handling in rough conditions. The Gen4 layout delivers agility and responsiveness while the Ergo Step side panels and beveled tunnel allow racers the room they need to attack the course – without interference from the chassis.
The RAS 3 front suspension features a long spindle that allows high cornering speeds and a unique power steering system exclusive to the MXZx RS race sled that provides ultra-precise handling with less effort.
The Rotax 600RS E-TEC engine features E-TEC direct injection that always delivers quick response and perfect calibration no matter the altitude or weather conditions, so racers and their crew have less to worry about. Calibration continues to be refined for 2022 to optimize maximum, consistent performance. Other features include booster injectors first deployed on the Rotax 850 E-TEC, a short intake tract with double reeds and digital eRAVE.
2022 MXZx 600RS Highlights
REV Gen4 Platform –
- Taper/tilt tunnel design
- Short heat exchanger with internal loop
- 137” Track
- New more durable Lightweight Lexan Hood
- New Airbox Design
- LED Lightweight Headlights
- Reinforced E and S modules
- MX inspired seat and hi-traction cover
- Racing foot box
- 5-gallon fuel tank
- Low center of gravity
- High Air Flow Left Vent
RAS 3 Front Suspension
- Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro R Series shocks (High Speed /Low Speed compression and High Speed / Low Speed Rebound adjustments)
- Integral Base Valve Adjuster
- Rack steering with power assist
- Long Spindle design (Stronger + better speed cornering) – New Color
- Lightweight Pilot R2 Ski
Reinforced Racing rMotion Rear Suspension
- Race proven rail design – stronger – New Color
- Integral Base Valve Adjuster
- 137” length
- Lightweight Front and rear arms
- Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back center shock w/ High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed Rebound adjustment
- Kashima coated 46mm KYB Pro Series piggy back rear shock w/ High Speed / Low Speed compression and High Speed / Low Speed rebound adjustment
- Optimized geometry (race proven motion Ratio front and back)
- Holeshot Device
Rotax 600RS E-TEC Engine (599.4 cc)
- E-TEC direct injection
- Mono block cylinder design with Plasma coating- delivering more horsepower
- Refined engine calibration
- Intake booster injectors (850-inspired)
- Shorter intake length (850-inspired)
- Double reed valves (850-inspired)
- eRAVE (850-inspired)
- Lightweight exhaust system (Stainless steel tuned pipe)
- Racing Throttle Block – Ready for 50% throttle applications
- Reinforced engine mounts
- Hot Start Button
- Large brake backing plate
- Brembo Brake System – large diameter rotor, easy maintenance caliper
- pDrive primary clutch
- TEAM TSS-04 secondary clutch
- Slip gear – Better durability, less maintenance
- Lightweight belt guard – better air flow
One thought on “Ski-Doo Unveils Lightly Changed 2022 MXZx 600 RS”
Anybody know the weight?