At the Snow Goer booth this weekend, come celebrate the winter’s most high-profile and historic snowmobiling event at the fall’s most high-profile and historic snowmobiling event.
The Haydays Grass Drags & Swap Meet is fast approaching – September 8-9 near North Branch, Minnesota. Snowmobiling’s biggest event, dubbed the “unofficial start of winter,” will be held for the 46th time.
You can plan on the usual assortment of odd products for sale in the monstrous swap meet, a wide variety of food items at the many vendors, big factory displays featuring race sled unveils and racer autograph sessions, and a cross-section of the snowmobile industry in the vendor area. Everything a snowmobiler needs will be on display and for sale – jackets, bibs, boots, gloves, traction products, shocks, tracks, windshields, aftermarket performance parts, track stands, skis, goggles, backpacks, snowmobile calendars, graphics kits, trailers, reeds… you name it. Even magazine subscriptions!
We’ve got six special reasons for you to stop by the Snow Goer booth this year:
- We’ll be utilizing part of our space to celebrate the upcoming 50th anniversary of the Eagle River World Championship Snowmobile Derby. As a part of the display, we’ll have World Championship-winning sleds new and old. Specifically, we’ll be displaying the replica of Mike Trapp’s 1971 winning Yamaha owned by Leon Koch. The chassis is a replica, and the engine is the exact powerplant that carried Trapp to a narrow victory over Yvon Duhamel is one of the most storied races in Derby history. Also, we’ll have a copy of 2012 World Champion Nick Van Strydonk’s winning sled in the booth. It’ll be fascinating to see how the sleds have changed over the 41 years between these two winning sleds. Also, you can see or even have your picture taken with the Snow Goer Cup – the traveling trophy for the World Championship. We’ll even be showing a history Eagle River Derby video.
- It won’t just be Van Strydonk’s sled sitting in the booth – the defending champion will be there himself! Nick Van Strydonk is planning on spending a fair amount of time in the Snow Goer booth, including being there to sign autographs from 10 to 11 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. He won’t be alone – we’ve heard from several other racers who plan to spend some time talking with fans at the Snow Goer booth, including other past champions who still race (hint, hint). Stop by and check it out!
- As a part of our Eagle River display, Todd Achterberg from the Derby Track will be on hand to answer questions and, most importantly, GIVE STUFF AWAY!! He is bringing four sets of tickets to the 2013 Amsoil Eagle River World Championship that he’ll give away at Haydays – all you have to do is stop by and register, and you’ve got a shot at going to the historic 50th anniversary event. Two sets will be given away each day, and it’s limited to people who sign up right at Haydays, so the chances of winning are more reasonable than your average contest.
- Speaking of giving stuff away, those who stop by the Snow Goer booth can also sign up for our newsletter and enter to win some cool prizes from Klim. As with everything we’ve mentioned to this point, it’s free, free, free…
- We’ll have great deals on magazine subscriptions again, and for those who are willing to sign up for the three-year deal, you could even walk home with a special Snow Goer T-shirt (and, of course, three years worth of magazines).
- Finally, the most important reason to stop by the Snow Goer booth is to mouth-off at the Snow Goer editors, give Todd from the Derby Track a piece of your mind and heckle fellow snowmobilers who are there at the same time.
See you there?