Happy New Year! I escaped for Christmas and my grandma’s 90th birthday party (90!) this past weekend to continue prepping and installing aftermarket parts on our 2015 test sleds this week. Recent work at the SG shop includes:
- Bolted a set of C&A Pro RZ skis on our 2015 Ski-Doo MX Z TNT 600 H.O. E-TEC, along with a set of 4.5-inch Stud Boy Shaper Bars. I recently studded the sled, so this should round out the handling and traction package quite nicely.
- Throttle freeplay was too loose on our MX Z TNT, so I adjusted that. I plan to put the first miles on that sled this Friday and Saturday.
- Installed the Sled Solutions Elevation Bag on the back of our ZR 4000 RR. We tested this bag last season on our Ski-Doo Renegade, but it has a more secure fit on the ZR with the shorter tunnel, and it was simple to rivet the straps through holes that were pre-drilled in the bottom of the Arctic Cat bumper.
- Installed tunnel protectors on our 2015 Arctic Cat ZR 4000 RR, only to find out after the job was complete that the sled doesn’t have the right type of track for a studding story I have planned. It looks like I’ll be studding our 2015 Arctic Cat XF 6000 Limited after all.
- Installed a set of 4.5-inch Stud Boy Shaper Bars on our XF 6000 Limited. Those bars were used on two different long-track demos last season and they sharpened up the handling just enough, so they should work well on this sled, too. Here are our initial thoughts about the 2015 Arctic Cat XF 6000 Limited.
- Swapped out the windscreens on our Arctic Cats for warmer, taller windows. I think the smoke color looks great.
- I dug out an older Snobunje tunnel bag (we tested it about five years on one of our machines) and strapped it to our 2015 Polaris 600 Switchback Pro-S. It sits on the shelf above the rear axle quite nicely and even though I hooked the straps to the suspension’s cage, which moves when the suspension cycles, I think it will work just fine. I gave the suspension a dry-land test by bouncing my weight on the tunnel to repeatedly compress the suspension and it seems OK.
- Screwed in Woody’s Mega-Bite studs with red and white backers to match the colors of our 2015 Polaris 800 Rush Pro-S 60th Anniversary Edition sled. Also, in light of the Christmas holiday, the candy-cane color scheme seems appropriate, eh?