Excuse us for being self-promotional for a moment, but Snow Goer magazine — the first national snowmobile magazine in the world, with a history dating back to 1966 — is going through a resurgence. Readership is up, as more people turn to its combination of opinionated new sled evaluations, real-world test of aftermarket gear, parts and accessories, informative how-to stories, entertaining features and interesting destination articles.
Now, you can check it out — at a big discount — by clicking through and seeing our digital edition. For just $1.99, you can read the complete December issue of Snow Goer magazine, a product that would cost $4.99 if purchased on newsstands in the U.S. or $5.99 if purchased in Canada (where its cover would say Snow Sports, to differentiate it from the separate Snow Goer Canada publication).
The inside story is that this limited time discount was created by the Snow Goer circulation department to build the audience of our digital edition through the Pocketmags vendor. That may not be pertinent to you: All that may matter to you is that you get the following editorial lineup for just $1.99:
- A 600-class shootout of the 2016 Arctic Cat ZR 6000 El Tigre, Ski-Doo MX Z Blizzard 600 H.O. E-TEC and Yamaha SR Viper R-TX SE.
- The Ride More Guide, giving readers 79 ways to make sure they ride more this coming winter, including tips on machine prep and maintenance, travel planning, family advice and more.
- A picturesque tour of riding in the area around Sudbury, Ontario.
- A first-ride evaluation of the 2016 Polaris 600 Indy SP Terrain Dominator and 2016 Polaris 800 SKS
- A feature on the benefits of joining a snowmobile club, complete with a club directory.
- Step-by-step instructions for changing the oil on a Ski-Doo with a four-stroke ACE engine
- Full-season evaluations of a D&D silencer, riding gear from Klim and CorTech, Powermadd handguards, Ski-Doo boots and a trailering product from JustSail.
- Full-season reviews of 2015 Yamaha SR Viper S-TX DX and 2015 Ski-Doo Summit X T3 800R E-TEC with a 174-inch track.
- A Snowmobile Science article explaining some of the mysteries behind the modern two-stroke fuel systems — E-TEC, DSI, CFI and BEFI
- A Flashback article on the 1971 Ski-Lark and Wee-Lark
- A Used Sled Shopper feature on the 2010 Ski-Doo GSX
- A mini-feature in our Engagement department explaining how to cook a surprisingly tasty trailside lunch utilizing your snowmobile engine’s heat, merely using aluminum foil.
- Plus you get our popular What’s Hot/What’s Not department, the Breaking Trail column, awesome photography from Wayne Davis, details on the 2016 race sleds, the preview on Arctic Cat’s SVX 450 snow bike unveiling, a short column by backcountry giant Dan Adams and more.
All of this for $1.99? That seems like a steal to us, but we’re rather biased!
Simply click through using this link to Pocketmags and try us out for less than $2. Or, sign up for a year for only $9.99. Again, this circulation folks tell us this is a limited time offer, so decide quickly.