This weekend will mark the third stop on this season’s ISOC Amsoil Championship Series, this time at Canterbury Park in Shakopee, Minnesota. Racing starts today, but tomorrow’s Pro Open final will be the third round of the Snow Goer Fantasy Racing Challenge. If you’re playing in this fun and free contest, make your picks now to get in ahead of tomorrow’s 9 a.m. deadline.
The Scheuring Speed Sports team of Ski-Doo drivers — Robbie Malinoski, Tim Tremblay and Darrin Mees — swept the season opener at Duluth over Thanksgiving weekend, but Tucker Hibbert and his Arctic Cat sought and seized revenge December 7-8 at Blackjack Ski Resort in Bessemer, Michigan, where he dominated the weekend’s Pro Open finals. Will Hibbert be lights-out again, or will Polaris racer Ross Martin’s stand on top of the podium after taking second place in Michigan?
Racers are coming off a rough, twisting track at Blackjack where Hibbert turned a 55-second lap in the final. Canterbury has hosted long courses with elevation change, right and left turns, and room for exciting passing and side-by-side action.
Going into this weekend’s race, here are the top 10 in points:
1. Robbie Malinoski (No. 4 Ski-Doo) = 165 points
2. Tucker Hibbert (No. 68 Arctic Cat) = 155 points
3. Tim Tremblay (No. 11 Ski-Doo) = 149 points
4. Ross Martin (No. 837 Polaris) = 143 points
5. Darrin Mees (No. 9 Ski-Doo) = 135 points
6. Logan Christian (No. 43 Arctic Cat) = 108 points
7. Cody Thomsen (No. 62 Arctic Cat) = 91 points
8. Justin Broberg (No. 168 Polaris) = 89 points
9. Peter Narsa (No. 271 Ski-Doo) = 86 points
10. Levi LaVallee (No. 108 Polaris) = 86 points
Remember, the fantasy-based Snowmobile Racing Challenge deadline for Saturday’s racing is lurking: Get your picks in now so you don’t miss the deadline. It’s fun, free, easy, and you could win prizes. Please note that once you set your team for an individual race, it cannot be changed for that race. Choose carefully.