Twenty three top Pro snowmobile snocross racers from across North America and Scandinavia are starting to gather today in Duluth, Minnesota, for an annual tradition that dates back 20 years. The season-opening Amsoil Duluth National at Spirit Mountain does screw up a few family plans for the Thanksgiving holiday, but we don’t think you’ll find any racers at the hill who will bemoan the fact that they don’t get to see Great Aunt Gertie across the table again this year. These guys and girls are racers who are itching to take months of training and preparation and put it all together on the track.
The Pro Open field at Duluth will include several past season champions, including Tucker Hibbert, Levi LaVallee, Robbie Malinoski, Ross Martin and defending champ Tim Tremblay. It will also include several upstarts, including rookie Kody Kamm and his teammate, defending ISOC Rookie of the Year Darrin Mees.
This year’s field also features four racers from Sweden – two that have been here for several seasons and two who will be new to the North American snocross scene. One racer who is scheduled to race the rest of the season will miss the Duluth race: Mike Bauer recently had ankle surgery and will miss the first two ISOC weekends but plans to return to race beginning in January.
Here is the field as we see it:
- Paul Bauerly, 26, of Milaca, Minnesota, on the #24 Ski-Doo
- Justin Broberg, 23, of Waukesha, Wisconsin, on the #168 Polaris
- Logan Christian, 20, of Fertile, Minnesota, on the #43 Arctic Cat
- Colby Crapo, 23, of St. Anthony, Idaho, on the #999 Polaris
- Iain Hayden, 29, of Espanola, Idaho, on the #93 Polaris
- Tucker Hibbert, 28, of Pelican Rapids, Minnesota, on the #68 Arctic Cat
- Kody Kamm, 18, of Kenosha, Wisconsin, on the #53 Polaris
- Garth Kaufman, 29, of Alta, Wyoming, on the #48 Arctic Cat
- Levi LaVallee, 30, of Longville, Minnesota, on the #108 Polaris
- Bobby LePage, 28, of Duluth, Minnesota, on the #244 Polaris
- Johan Lidman, 21, of Pitea, Sweden, on the # 52 Polaris
- Robbie Malinoski, 31, of Humboldt, Saskatchewan, on the #4 Ski-Doo
- Ross Martin, 28, of Burlington, Wisconsin, on the #837 Polaris
- Darrin Mees, #23, of Long Island, New York, on the #9 Ski-Doo
- Petter Narsa, 20, of Moskosel, Sweden, on the #271 Ski-Doo
- Emil Ohman, 26, of Pitea, Sweden, on the #27 Ski-Doo
- Kyle Pallin, 21, of Ironwood, Michigan, on the #324 Polaris
- Zach Pattyn, 24, of Ravenna, Michigan, on the #99 Ski-Doo
- Matt Piche, 27, of Lake Shore, Minnesota, on the #51 Arctic Cat
- Adam Renheim, 23, of Lima, Sweden, on the #311 Ski-Doo
- Justin Tate, 36, of Scandia, Minnesota, on the #298 Ski-Doo
- Cody Thomsen, 21, of Nisswa, Minnesota, on the #62 Arctic Cat
- Tim Tremblay, 26, of Drummondville, Quebec, on the #11 Ski-Doo
Check back all weekend for updates on the race.
And click here if you want to play the Snow Goer Snowmobile Racing Challenge game, where you can earn points and prizes for correctly guessing the order in Sunday’s Pro Open final.