On Friday I posted a story that included the weights of the crossover sleds in our 2015 demo sled fleet, and there were some surprising figures. Take a look at the figures from the rest of our lineup and you’ll find more interesting details.
- Ski-Doo MX Z TNT 600 H.O. E-TEC: 554 pounds, trail ready with full gas and oil tanks, C&A Pro RZ skis, handlebar bag, PowerMadd cell phone charger and 84 Fast Trac studs;
- Ski-Doo GSX LE 900 ACE: 583 pounds, trail ready with a full tank of gas, spare belt under the hood and a wear bar mounted in the outboard location of each ski;
- Arctic Cat ZR 4000 RR: 552 pounds, trail ready with full gas and oil tanks, tunnel protectors and a tall windshield;
- Polaris 800 Rush Pro-S 60th Anniversary Edition (recoil start): 553 pounds, trail ready with full gas and oil tanks, spare belt, 125 Woody’s Gold Digger studs, 6-inch carbides and PowerMadd Sentinel hand guards;
- Polaris 800 Indy SP 60th Anniversary Edition (electric start): 574 pounds, trail ready with full gas and oil tanks, Composit track, tall “Wide Clyde” windshield.
It’s interesting how three of the 2015 sleds weighed within 2 pounds of each other. Our 2013 and 2014 600 Indy SP snowmobiles each registered 549 pounds when we put them on the scale during their respective shift at the SG barn, but the 2015 800 Indy SP came in 25 pounds heavier! The 600s each had 96 studs, but they didn’t have electric start.