Snow Goer magazine is a snowmobile publication written by, and for, passionate snowmobile riders. Since the first issue hit newsstands in 1966, Snow Goer has been dedicated to comprehensive sled tests, aftermarket product evaluations, informative how-to stories, interesting travel features on places to ride and delivering a unique window into the world of the snowmobiling lifestyle. Read more about some key members of the Snow Goer team below.
John is the longtime editor and publisher of Snow Goer magazine and SnowGoer.com. He started with Snow Goer way back in the fall of 1993, when the Indy XLT revolution was starting and ZRs were taking over racetracks. John has also been the editor and/or publisher for several other magazines for Snow Goer’s parent company, including Snow Week, Snowmobile Magazine, Snowmobile Business, Powersports Business, Boating Industry, ATV Magazine, ATV Sport, UTV Magazine, Fuel Oil News and, very briefly, Trailer Life magazine. But, at the end of the day, snowmobiling is his true passion, and this spring he participated in his 21st Rode Reports testing event.
Andy Swanson | Managing Editor
Andy is the managing editor for Snow Goer magazine and SnowGoer.com. He manages a majority of the magazine’s aftermarket snowmobile product tests and writes snowmobile reviews, snowmobile travel stories and how-to articles. Andy has ridden on snowmobile trails in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Alaska and Canada. He’s been a part of the Snow Goer team since 2002, has worked at powersports dealership and has even served as the president of his snowmobile club.
David Wells | Contributing Writer
David has been writing about snowmobiles for more than 40 years, but you won’t find anybody on our team calling him old – we wouldn’t dare! A proud native of the New York, area, where he still lives, David is a member of the extended Snow Goer team, but a vitally important member nonetheless. In the magazine, David writes all of the “Flashback” articles about vintage snowmobiles, plus some aftermarket product testing, tour stories and other interesting features. He’s also been involved in the sport in many different ways — from sales and marketing to grass roots leadership. In fact, in September of 2015, Wells’ long career in snowmobile will be inducted into the International Snowmobile Hall Of Fame.
Other key contributors to Snow Goer magazine include:
- Wayne Davis — our dedicated photographer for more than 25 years and a member of the International Snowmobile Hall of Fame himself;
- T.J. Krob, the leader of our mountain sled testing, author of Snowmobile Science and evaluator of western-forcused products;
- Jeff Oberg, a long-time test rider, technical advisor and contributor.
- Mark Rosacker, our veteran sales director and veteran of 20 years on the EPG Media team who is a hardcore snowmobiler himself. Additional sales efforts come from Laura Keisler (select aftermarket and tourism).
- Art Director Becca Hudson designs the magazine and related materials
- Benjamin Stevenson is the digital solutions manager in charge of our website.